With more than 30 years of comprehensive data in an array of formats, AHA Data is trusted by researchers and analysts as the premier source for information on historical hospital trends.
AHA Data is the Gold Standard for Hospital Trend Analysis
Since 1946, the American Hospital Association has collected data provided by the nation’s hospitals and health care systems to give researchers the most consistent and complete view of trends.
AHA Data is the research community’s destination for reliable, historic hospital data:
- Data from more than 6,300 hospitals and 400 health care systems
- Use it as a single reference or seamlessly match it to other public data sets to expand your analysis
- Examine hospital characteristics against health care transformation and policy changes
- Explore physician models by hospital size, ownership-type, and geography
- Identify the change in hospital and health care system affiliation over time
- Identify the types of hospitals adopting bundled payment models, and establishing medical homes
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Census Bureau, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- U.S. News & World Report
- Health Affairs
- Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
- The New England Journal of Medicine
Discover how leading universities are succeeding with AHA Data.
AHA Data is now part of the Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) platform at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.